Old October 21st 13, 04:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean F (F2)

Default 21m tipped Lak 17b!

They need a strong US (or Canadian) pilot RACING the glider in US contests. Period.

The Uvalde and Euro pilots have not been top shelf. JS1 is better connected and has many top pilots flying their hardware in contrast.

I agree the 21 meter version needs to be at 850 if it is going to be seriously competitive at a world level BUT...in the US east coast contest environment it would probably be just fine if it was not able to achieve 850.

I'll check and see what the specs say on the website...