Old August 1st 16, 05:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andrzej Kobus

Default 21m tipped Lak 17b!

On Monday, August 1, 2016 at 1:24:34 AM UTC-4, wrote:
On Saturday, October 19, 2013 at 8:46:54 AM UTC-7, Paul T wrote:
So Lak are producing a 21m tipped LAK 17B - so a glider you cn fly in 15,
18, and Open Class - will it be competetive in any?

I am looking at a very nice LAK-17A and a very nice ASW-27 (lot more $$). I heven't seen any LAK-17B's on the used market. For a low time new glider pilot (have a commercial glider add-on and CFIG rating, but no contest experience) looking for a fun, reasonably good performing glider would the 17A be much of a downgrade from the 17B if I go the LAK route?

I would definitely choose the 27.