Old September 17th 18, 05:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default Tinted canopies

Ben Hirashima wrote on 9/15/2018 11:00 PM:
Does anyone wear sunglasses with a tinted canopy? I wear prescription sunglasses while flying, and while the idea of a tinted canopy appeals to me, the thought of having to switch to regular glasses when getting in the cockpit is a bit of a turn-off.

I have a pair of prescription glasses with tinted clip-ons that I leave in the
glider in a safe place that I can reach while flying. Just before getting in, I
put "dedicated" pair on and put the "walk-around" glasses form in that safe place.

My other glider has a tinted canopy, and I find my photochromic glasses are good
match the canopy - dark outside the glider, and enough lighter while inside the
glider.