Old May 4th 06, 05:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Charging System Gremlin

I do not own a Piper, but I seem to remember the OVR is under a seat.
Some past poster was mentioning shorting to the seat.

I have a Cessna and had problems and it was a faulty masterswitch.

Ross
KSWI

wrote:

Thanks for the pointers. Lots of good stuff. What I don't see is the
kind of RANDOM OVP trips that I've encountered. It really is
random...fine for months then maybe a flurry of shutdowns. Maybe at
the beginning of a x-c flight and then its fine, or maybe at the end.
And since it doesn't occur on the ground or at predictable times
(naturally!), I've got few options for methodically tracking it down.

I've thought about just letting it go until it becomes more frequent
(and predictable) but I worry that will occur in solid IMC.

I notice that its often traced back to a faulty/corroded master switch.
Any other ideas?

--Jeff