Old November 25th 08, 01:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
A Lieberma[_2_]

Default Transponder problems with ATC COMS - Video

On Nov 25, 7:23*am, Voyager wrote:

Yes, instructors should cover things like this, but the pilots should
also read the avionics manuals! *Most people I know have never read the
manual for their car let alone their avionics. *There is simply no
excuse for this.

Agree Matt for airplane owners, but I guess some forgiveness should be
given for "renters" for practicality purposes.

I don't know of any airplane that has all the user manuals for all the
avionics in the plane. I would suspect checkout should include
instructions on Xponder operations and during training as well.

I never got such training.