Old November 7th 13, 03:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default 21m tipped Lak 17b!

On Thursday, November 7, 2013 8:16:56 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Good point on the article but the HC committee should be smart enough to figure these obvious things out on their own. It's as if they did not think about or research this glider in any way vs a pure glider.

Having worked as part of the US handicap subcommittee for many years, I would as the writer where the data for this "obvious" thing would be located? The factory claims minimal loss of performance. I would be inclined to agree. If an owner was to request a review by the HC, and provide basis for requesting it, I'm sure it would be looked at. A rough guess would be it may reduce cross country speed by a tenth of a percent or two. That would make a scoring error of a couple points a day.
UH