Old December 15th 18, 04:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jfitch

Default PowerMouse vs Power Flarm - Updates by March? hardware/software -ADS-R, TIS-B

On Friday, December 14, 2018 at 3:42:39 PM UTC-8, WaltWX wrote:
I hear that PowerMouse will include an ADS-B option and possibly ADS-R / TIS-B (for those of you not in U.S .. these are FAA ground rebroadcasts of ADS-B 1090 packets and transponder only aircraft). No word on whether the PowerFlarm will add this firmware upgrade.

Does anyone know when the PowerMouse will ADS-B becomes available? .... and whether the PowerFlarm core is considering including these features?

Walt Rogers WX

Some clarification (Darryl will correct me if I am wrong: A TT22/TN72 is a certified 2020 installation if you have an experimental category glider, but exactly the same installation in a certified glider is a TABS installation (the only difference is the SIL setting). A peculiar quirk.

On ATC visibility, it may depend on the location. Truckee can see my TABS install, it is an official tower but a contract tower, perhaps with non-standard equipment. Norcal Approach could not tell me if they could see me on ADS-B TABS, as they said they have no way to tell from their display where the information came from.