Old April 13th 21, 03:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
AS

Default RV-friendly glider destinations?

On Monday, April 12, 2021 at 9:52:03 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Monday, April 12, 2021 at 11:31:12 AM UTC-5, Luke Scharf wrote:
My wife has talked me into purchasing a travel trailer with her
At least two of the glider operations I've been to (BRSS in New Castle Virginia and Seminole Lake in Florida) appeared to have RV-friendly camping areas.

I'm wondering how many other glider operations around the US are RV-friendly?

I would love to add some soaring (or at least visiting active glider operations) to our family adventure plans.

Thanks,
-Luke

Good luck with RV'ing. People have flocked to RV'ing during the pandemic with the result that it's difficult to find RV spaces near any attraction. Parks are booked for months. Many state and private run parks are full of full-timers. Not sure how they get around the residence limits, but I see a lot of travel trailers in parks with permanent underpinning, carports, and outbuildings. Get yourself set up so you can get by without shore power, water, and sewer hookups. At least then you can dry camp on the gliderport and some BLM and Forest Service lands.

The Caesar Creek Soaring Club in OH has a very family-friendly camp-ground for RVs and tents plus the bathroom/shower facilities one needs for a two week stay. I always enjoyed going there.

Uli
'AS'