Old July 20th 03, 07:18 PM
W. D. Allen Sr.

In the 1950s we regularly launched the Regulus missile from
aircraft carriers, cruisers or submarines. The Regulus had
the same turbojet engine as did the T-33 [T-2V] advanced
pilot trainer of the 1950s and carried a nuclear warhead. It
was command controlled from either the launching ship or
from our FJ-3D carrier based fighter planes.

WDA

end

"The Blue Max" wrote in message
s.com...
Ignoring the political, economic, and strategic issues

around the matter,
what would have been the technical problems involved in

launching V-1s from
a completed CV Graf Zeppelin?

I assume one would be limited to city-sized targets; would

the sort of
catapult fitted to GZ have been capable of hefting a V-1

into the air?

--
Et qui rit des cures d'Oc?
De Meuse raines, houp! de cloques.