Old November 18th 07, 02:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Default Are there any "pilot" watches that are actually helpful for pilots?

Marty Shapiro wrote in
:

I've never seen the 100ST. I have seen the 150 and the
Koliber copy,
along with the 180 and 220. IIRC, they also had some other models
between 100 and 150 hp. You really need the 180 hp at a minimum. Once
you get into the 220's and 235's, you get a noticeable performance
improvement. Even the "heavy" airframe 235E is light. Our empty
weight is 1,535 lbs, with a max take off weight of 2,645 lbs (and a
landing weight of 2,513 lbs).

One other feature is that the 235's (don't know about the
220's) have
a glider tow kit option.

The 100 hp ones went OK, the gradient was good but the rate wasn't so good.
The field where I checked out in them used 200' agl as the pattern altitude
so theh students could get more landings in!

Bertie