Old March 15th 04, 01:46 AM
Matthew S. Whiting

Jim Baker wrote:
"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message
ink.net...

wrote in message ...

I have a similar background. When I was flying the air carrier

aircraft,

the company I worked for had as policy that its crews would report
leaving a previously assigned altitude, whether PD or not.

There reasoning was it removed any possibility of ambiguity.

Where was ambiguity possible?

In the real world to which most of us belong, ambiguity is not just
possible, it is likely. Busy people doing somewhat stressful work forget
things all the time.

I think his point is that a cruise clearance is simply not ambiguous.
It is spelled out very clearly and the rules are clear, not ambiguous.
What do you think is ambiguous about it?

Matt