Old June 30th 07, 02:55 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.piloting
AES

Default "Super Guppy" at Heathrow?

What might I have been seeing?

The mock aircraft used by the Fire Brigade for training purposes?

I'll concur with that. Is this the beast?
http://aviation-safety.net/photos/di...0&vnr=1&kind=F

I'm pretty sure you saw the fire training mockup. It looks like a
cross between a short 747 and a DC-10 and is painted green. See the
following pictu

Absolutely -- that's it. View was brief enough and obstructed enough
that I didn't see the sign.

Weird looking object -- was it ever a real aircraft? And, the front
part of the fuselage looks so oversized, like a Super Guppy -- or is it
maybe just a short stubby section chopped out of a much larger aircraft?

Thanks for info.