Old July 15th 16, 05:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Chute Reccomendations for ASW19

I used a Pioneer Thin Pack in my -19b. The thin back was great for leg
room but sitting on part of the parachute canopy raised me up close to
the glider canopy.

On 7/14/2016 6:20 PM, wrote:
I am 195 lbs and 6'3". I use a Strong parachute. I believe it's the 303, but I'll check the model number this weekend. It's a flat "back" chute. i bought it from Wings and wheels a few years ago, and the description on the site for the 303 matches mine. I use a 1" foam cushion between me and the parachute, mostly to keep from soaking the parachute with sweat on these hot Texas summer days.

I fly my ASW-19 with the adjustable fiberglass "seat" removed, and the rudder pedals all the way forward. It's very comfortable, even after 5 hours or more.

Good luck, and I hope you enjoy your '19!

John

--
Dan, 5J