View Single Post
Old April 5th 21, 05:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Sinclair[_5_]
external usenet poster

Default Vc gear difficulty

On Monday, April 5, 2021 at 7:54:36 AM UTC-7, Phoenix wrote:
On Monday, April 5, 2021 at 10:46:55 AM UTC-4, Richard Pfiffner wrote:
On Monday, April 5, 2021 at 4:49:19 AM UTC-7, Phoenix wrote:
Anyone have a solution as to why my gear is so VERY difficult to retract / extend on my Ventus c? It's the very last 10% trying to get the lever into the indent that's the problem.

Also check that the bolts and nuts for the gear are not too tight and are well lubricated. This may happen if the gear has be removed and reinstalled. If you continues to pull/Push on an overly tight gear handle good chance that the handle may break off.
How do I know this????

Richard
www.craggyaero.com

Don’t neglect to lube the gear door hinges, I’ve seen them so stiff that it’s hard to move by hand! Also, check the new tire To verify its the brand and style called out in the manual.......not all tire styles will fit into your wheel well (round face, not squared off)
It’s very hard to get to all the lube points with the fuselage upright, if possible, remove the canopy and lift the fuselage up onto saw-horses. Then roll it 90 degrees left and then right in order to clean, lube and inspect all moving parts! Move the gear up and down while observing the wheel well and doors............problem should become obvious. Many gears have springs that assist in lifting the gear.....check for broken/missing springs?
Good luck,
JJ