Old June 21st 05, 05:56 PM
Stefan

M B wrote:

to be part of a flight review. From the report, however,
it seems this pilot got spin entry training. In all

Read it again. His last spin training was 20 years ago and he swore to
never do it again. A pilot who panics when he hears the S-word is not
airworthy. (Respect, yes. Panic, no.)

of my spin entry training, this means crossed controls,

Then improve your spin training. Spin doesn't necessairily mean crossed
controls.

I can see value in doing full 2 turn spins left and
right,
however, instead of just spin entries (which can be
too mild,
or not give a good sense of spin vs. spiral indications).

Which it doesn't need. At this early stage, recovery actions are the same.

A slow reaction with flaps by the student might be
big problem.

Then the student needs more training.

Likewise, practicing spins and recoveries
with
the engine extended in a motorglider might be
prohibited or damaging, but this might be exactly
the training needed to prevent a 180 turn back to the
airport from becoiming a stall/spin for example.

You never explored how your glider drops the wing with the engine
extended/running? Gee, I wouldn't let my son be your student.

Stefan