Old October 29th 10, 03:15 PM posted to sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval
a425couple

Default Question on ditching an Orion

"La N" wrote in message...
a425couple wrote:
"Gordon" wrote in message...
- "a425couple" wrote:
- "Eugene Griessel" wrote in message...
- "a425couple" wrote:
- In 2001 a US (big snip)
-Ultimately, the pilot has responsibility for the safety of his crew
-but when it involves spyplanes or other strategic assets that would
-obviously help the enemy, crews should understand that every effort
-must be made to keep those aircraft out of the hands of the enemy. I
-was appalled by the EP-3 pilots decision to land in China..
-v/r Gordon
Thank you Gordon.

I took the liberty of looking up Gordon's website: www.oldboldpilots.org
Some really good reading, including bios, there. Lots of distinguished
members too.
- nilita

Yes, indeed.

Meanwhile my friend, a while back you asked about current
reading books.
Recently I happened to do a rather interesting light read.
I'd class it as fictional colonial period naval (piracy) and human
relations.
The title was "The only life that mattered."
Check out the preview at (or get a good start at reading it!)
http://books.google.com/books?id=rfY...page&q&f=false

If it sounds interesting to you, let me know either
here or by private email, and I'll get the book back
from who I loaned it to and mail it to you.