Old October 31st 17, 04:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike Borrowdale[_2_]

Default ASW 19 instrument panel

At 16:19 31 October 2017, wrote:
On Monday, October 30, 2017 at 11:10:50 PM UTC-7, Charles Longley wrote:
I am an A&P/IA and am looking for someone who had it done to their

glider=
.. Your advice isn=E2=80=99t reallly useful. I know who Williams is.

Ive done this to my Asw-19 glider, somewhat recently. Purchased a
conver=
sion kit from Schleicher, installed it and performed W&B balance

according
=
to paperwork supplied with the kit. The conversion is evasive and time
cons=
uming, but it rejuvenates the glider and in my opinion it is totally

worth
=
the effort. I=E2=80=99ve also installed a second airbrake spoiler
conversio=
n, with materials also purchased from Schleicher. If you need more

details
=
send me an email.

I did this mod to my 19 about 10 years ago. As mentioned, the fitting is
far from easy using the Schleicher-supplied kit. A professional I
talked to later said he'd taken 40 hours to fit the first he did.
But when, a few years later, I made an inadvertent inverted arrival (don't
ask!) it made all the difference between extracting me easily
and performing major surgery on the nose. Made it well worth the effort
involved and I would highly recommend it.
Mike