Old November 6th 17, 06:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Cochrane[_3_]

Default The US Team selection process in future years

The really interesting thing about this year's team selection is not that one pilot wanted to go in 18 and was offered 15 instead. The really screaming issue we saw this year is that pilot after pilot declined the opportunity.. What is going on that so many of our top pilots turn down the chance to go to WGC? Is there anything we can do about that? Or is it just that the IGC itself needs to reform the worlds game to make it more attractive? I'd love to hear from those who turned down the chance as to why they did so.

John Cochrane