Old July 21st 18, 03:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Emailing contest flight log to scorer

On Friday, July 20, 2018 at 1:05:19 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Thursday, July 19, 2018 at 9:51:12 AM UTC-4, wrote:
On Wednesday, July 18, 2018 at 11:00:38 AM UTC-4, wrote:
On Wednesday, July 18, 2018 at 10:46:01 AM UTC-4, wrote:
From the cockpit, I want to transfer my flight log to my phone and email it to the contest scorer.

If your IGC approved logger is Bluetooth equipped and it is paired to your phone, is it just a simple matter of downloading log to phone and emailing the file?

Are there any "security" issues or 3rd party apps required?

Turns out the log file *name* was not acceptable to Winscore (fixed that by renaming it manually). The naming issue has since been fixed in the app, so be sure to get version 1.19 (or later) if you plan to do that.

Winscore expects log file names to conform to section A2.5 of the FAI Technical Specification for GNSS flight recorders.

2018-04-22-CNI-21Q-01.IGC - Valid
JX_Smith_StdClass_Day1.IGC - Not valid

Right. Silly though, since those rules still do not guarantee that the file names are unique (two of them could be 2018-04-22-XCS-AAA-01.IGC). On the other hand much more info (such as pilot name) is present in the header lines of the file contents. Anyway, the latest version of IGCdroid does name the files to fit those rules.

Actually, the manufacture code and serial number in the file name should guarantee uniqueness.