Old October 24th 06, 03:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Rip

Default Owner's poll

Mxsmanic wrote:

If you own your own aircraft, could you discuss:

1. The make and model.

2. Whether you bought it new or used (if used, a bit of history on
it).

3. The cost to buy it.

4. The way you financed the purchase.

5. Your approximate yearly costs for operation, maintenance, and
insurance.

6. Your approximate yearly investment in training, licensing, medical
exams, etc. (to keep current as a pilot, as opposed to just the costs
related to a specific aircraft).

I'm just curious about how much it actually costs to own and fly an
aircraft. I get the impression that it requires either being quite
wealthy or making severe sacrifices and never flying anything better
than a junky tin can.

If you have a life, could you discuss:
1) The make and model of your so-called life.
2) Whether you bought it new or used (if used, a bit of history on it).
3) The cost to buy it.
4) The way you financed your so called life.
5) Your approximate yearly costs for operation, maintenance, and
insurance of your hypothesized life.
6) Your approximate yearly investment in training, licensing, medical
exams, etc. (to keep current as a human, as opposed to just the costs
related to a hypothetical lifeform).

I'm just curious about how much it actually costs to own a life. I get
the impression that it requires either being quite intelligent or making
severe sacrifices and never living better than a junky tin can.

Go fly. For real. Or better yet, don't. You haven't the social skills to
share space with others.

Rip