Old October 24th 06, 04:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan[_1_]

Default Owner's poll

I belong to a club..

I paid $2000 for a share (refundable if I sell my share)

$85/mo for maintenance, insurance, hanger, etc.

I have access to 4 planes

2 Archers w/ Garmin GNS 430s - $72/hr tach wet
1 Arrow - $93/hr tach wet
1 Comanche 260 w/ Garmin 430 - $113/hr tach wet.

A non-profit club is the most reasonable way to own an aircraft.

--Dan

Mxsmanic wrote:
If you own your own aircraft, could you discuss:

1. The make and model.

2. Whether you bought it new or used (if used, a bit of history on
it).

3. The cost to buy it.

4. The way you financed the purchase.

5. Your approximate yearly costs for operation, maintenance, and
insurance.

6. Your approximate yearly investment in training, licensing, medical
exams, etc. (to keep current as a pilot, as opposed to just the costs
related to a specific aircraft).

I'm just curious about how much it actually costs to own and fly an
aircraft. I get the impression that it requires either being quite
wealthy or making severe sacrifices and never flying anything better
than a junky tin can.