Old October 27th 20, 04:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darren Braun

Default Js3 jet catastrophic failure.

I'd be curious to know which Jetcat models.

P120 and other brands through 320N. I think the starter motors are all brushed but the pumps are all brushless. My experience plus all others of my buddies is that turbines less than about 6 grand are expected to behave this way. So you bring a jet to fly and second one as a backup(essentially the same idea as a twin/redundant install). I can't speak for the class that are likely intended for large UAV in roughly the 10 to 20 grand range. I would expect better reliability out of those..