Old June 15th 04, 01:41 PM
Dave S

One other thing to consider..

How many people is this thing supposed to carry? Are you going to have a
separate pilot and medic? or is the pilot supposed to be the medic too?
Obtaining and maintaining expert status on both might make for a rare
individual... I dont know of dozens of pilot/medics looking for new jobs..

Dave

Dave S wrote:

Landing areas, scene AND LZ security, carrying adequate equipement and
getting that equipment to the patient are all concerns. In all
likelihood you wont be landing RIGHT next to the scene.. You will have
to carry your gear. ALL of it. To EVERY scene because you dont know what
you will need until you get there. Its not like you can step back to the
ambulance 30 feet away and get something else.

You would be limited to day, VFR. I would not want to attempt night
running landings into an unprepared and unlit LZ. It is a great concept
but the applicability is not there.

Dave

Ralph @ G-Squadron wrote:

Anyone think the idea of using an autogyro as a quick-response ambulance
service is good? Wouldn't actually transport patients, but would act
like
the quick response car or bike, delivering emergency help, and looking
after
patients until land ambulance arrives.

I'm going to see how far I can take the scheme with ambulance services
across the UK...

I need your opinions, and suggestions for the best autogyro,
gyrocopter or
gyroplane for the job.

- Ralph