Old August 24th 05, 01:39 PM

I pretty much agree with KC but with one small difference. Some of the
flapped ships like the '20 have true landing flap positions. These
gliders can be landed much shorter than the Standard class ships while
maintaining equivilent safety margins.
They do require a bit more technique to get the maximium benefit. Until
those skills are developed, you just put the flaps in thermal flap
position and it will land pretty much like a standard class ship.
After mastering the glider in basic mode, the skills of using the
benefits of the flaps for better landing performance can be learned.
I can get my '27 in a much smaller place than my '28.
KC is very much right on the brake.
Good luck UH