Old January 1st 07, 07:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike[_11_]

Default CFI recommendations

Blueskies wrote:
"Jim Macklin" wrote in message ...
: Do an intro at both airports and find out which seems best
: for your purposes. Talk with several CFIs to see how you
: and they mesh. A few minutes spent over coffee or even
: lunch, will go a long way to answering your questions.
:
:

Yes, you buy, they fly...

A little bit OT - I received a pretty cool book for x-mas called 'Slipping the Surly Bonds - Great Quotations on Flight'
by Dave English (pretty fun read so far)...

back on topic, one was "There are some flight instructors where the student is important, and there are some where the
instructor in important. Pick carefully."

Thanks for the feedback. Right now my purpose is to just experience a
taste of flying to see if it's something I would continue pursing (I
have already been studying quite a bit on the subject).

So, the big question on my mind right now is if I should wait until I
would have time to dedicate to flying (if I wanted to continue) or just
do it whenever. I guess in the case of the latter I would save myself a
lot of time studying if I didn't like it.

Any thoughts on either approach? For the CFIs in the NG, based on your
experience giving intro flights do people usually like it more than hate
it? Thanks.

--
Mike