Old September 4th 18, 12:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Koerner

Default Glider crash near Reno yesterday

Checking sailplane tracker, there are no gliders indicated that go missing yesterday in that area. Yesterday was obviously a strong soaring day with good altitudes based on the great flights out of Truckee and Minden. So it makes no sense that a cross country sailplane would have any reason to be on the face of Slide Mountain early in the day and especially not doing loops there as suggested by the witness on the news show. I guess we'll find out soon enough.