Old April 18th 19, 03:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Whisky

Default Undershoot Vs. Overshoot airport landing accidents

Le jeudi 18 avril 2019 15:36:08 UTC+2, Steve Leonard a écritÂ*:
On Thursday, April 18, 2019 at 8:12:20 AM UTC-5, Tango Whisky wrote:

Go and try that with a DuoDiscus.

Bert TW

But, only on a runway that is clear off the departure end. Because you will depart, right, Bert?

Steve Leonard

Well, you will float over the runway forever.
I always prefer a slip (which works extremely well in both ASK21 and DuoDiscus) - no change of attitude, and dosage is much easier.

But in the end, I prefer to train people to do a proper approach pattern, where you end up un final with 50% airbrakes.