Old July 15th 19, 04:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default DG-101 - increase performance/sealing/winglets(?)

Good point!Â* My friend's '27 as a very large area along the fuselage
side which is perfect for applying sealing tape.Â* My LS-6, mentioned
above, had a deep groove in the canopy, perfect for the silicone treatment.

On 7/15/2019 6:09 AM, Justin Couch wrote:
On Monday, 15 July 2019 09:02:10 UTC+10, Matt McBee wrote:
Dan, did you apply that to the canopy side or the glider side?

Matt

Canopy side. Most canopies have a concave structure that sits over the lip on the cockpit side. Easier to run this stuff around the concave portion since it won't move then.

--
Dan, 5J