Old July 18th 19, 07:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Foster

Default Becker AR4201 transmit volume low

On Thursday, July 18, 2019 at 10:54:10 AM UTC-6, Bob Kuykendall wrote:
On Thursday, July 18, 2019 at 9:03:59 AM UTC-7, John Foster wrote:
I just installed a Becker AR4201 that I picked up used from the UK (frequency spacing change from 25 to 8.33). I have it paired with a Peiker TM 170 I got from W&W based on their compatibility statements on the website. It will transmit voice, but it is extremely soft/quite and the receiver needs to have the volume all the way up to hear it. Does anyone know what the problem is and how to fix it? I did a search but didn't come up with any answers. Thanks.

Try adjusting the mic sensitivity setting SF16 using service mode. See pages 3-11 and 3-16 of this manual (Thanks, Cumulus Soaring!)

https://www.cumulus-soaring.com/beck...201-Manual.pdf

--Bob K.

Thanks Bob. This looks really promising. I'll give it a try this evening.