Old January 25th 15, 03:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default soaring history

I'm not very qualified to reflect on Rudy's great history, but I'll add a few memories. I fly at Ionia where he based his gliders. One contribution to soaring was Rudy and his sons promoting the annual regional at Ionia for decades. He had 4(?) sons that all fly gliders, including Eric who is the IGC President. I remember putzing with my newly acquired ASW24B in 1998 just after Frank W. delivered it (1800 miles in winter), and Rudy stopped by to say hi and commended me on my selection (Rudy owned and loved the 24). I was somewhat speechless when he approached me because I felt that I was in the presence of greatness. I later added winglets to my 24 that he and another friend designed, which later appeared on the 29. A few years later some friends and I purchased his hangar to continue the tradition of soaring at Ionia. Soaring history and Rudy Mozer are almost the same meaning.