Old November 2nd 16, 07:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_9_]

Default Flarm Net

On Wednesday, November 2, 2016 at 10:59:17 AM UTC-7, Surge wrote:
On Wednesday, 2 November 2016 18:02:15 UTC+2, Dan Marotta wrote:
Hey Renny, next time we're both at the airport, let's see if I can see
you on my display across the taxiway.

From my limited experience of FLARM that won't work because FLARM filters out stationary targets.
You can however have Renny flying nearby and spot it from your unit on the ground.

My experience is that you will see PowerFlarm targets on your display on the ground even if not moving, but you will not get Powerflarm collision warnings.
In a contest grid you will see gliders none of which are moving.

I also tested this with a close 3' drive by Powerflarm in auto and PowerFlarm in glider in parking place. Again Display showed target but no collision warning.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com