Old April 24th 08, 02:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,sci.military.naval,us.military.army
David Phillips

Default "Analyst: Obama Would Be A Nightmare For Defense Programs, Firms"

On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 12:05:25 GMT, Ed Rasimus
wrote:

You might recall that the oil shortages of 1976 were caused by the
Carter administration assertion that we would be out of oil by 2000.
And don't forget his 55 MPH national speed limit to save us oil.

I'm pretty darn sure the Carter administration did not take office
until January, 1977. The oil crisis that caused the enaction of the
55mph speed limit happened in 1973.