Old December 14th 20, 04:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

Default 3 Alisport Silent 2 Electros for sale in Wings and Wheels.

On Sunday, December 13, 2020 at 8:25:36 PM UTC-8, Eric Greenwell wrote:
Eric Greenwell wrote on 12/11/2020 2:05 PM:
Charles Zabinski wrote on 12/11/2020 1:48 PM:
There are 16 Silent 2 Electros in the FAA Registration Data Base. 3 are for sale and are all
low time. Any thoughts? Are they uncomfortable, poor penetration, what?

Call the owners and talk to them. The Electro owner I know likes to talk about his, but he also
flies it a lot. Here is his OLC logbook for the 2020 season:

https://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-3....t=olc&pi=10497

Here's the OLC logbook of another 13.5M/FES glider pilot I know: Phil Rose. He flew seven
flights in Ely this year in his miniLak, garnering several state, national, and World records
in the process. He might be a good source of information for choosing the miniLak over an Electro.

And he is also the pilot I cited who landed his miniLak out, stating to me that he didn't think he had the battery capacity to do a self-retrieve even though he was quite a bit less than 100k out of Ely.

Tom