Old May 26th 05, 01:43 AM
Lakeview Bill

The Alaraus is not a Light Sport Aircraft by US standards.

Among other things, it has a gross weight of 1,692 lbs; the LSA maximum is
1,320 lbs for SEL.

And by definition, there cannot be an IFR certified LSA, as they are only
approved for day VFR as an LSA.

I've been researching these aircraft for quite a while, and the magic
numbers pretty much fall into the $75,000 - $85,000 range, reasonably
equipped. Of course, most of them offer upgrades that could push them to
$100,000.

"Paul Tomblin" wrote in message
In a previous article, "Morgans" said:
"Paul Tomblin" wrote
Somebody emailed me as the contact for my flying club trying to

convince
us to buy a new LSA. The only problem was that this thing only carried
about 500 pounds, and it cost $120,000.

What is selling for 120,000 bucks? I have not seen any that cost

anywhere
near that!

It's called "AMD Alarus". Useful load 607 pounds, fully IFR equipped
$129,900.

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
"Grove giveth and Gates taketh away."

speedups
not being able to keep up with software demands