Old December 3rd 08, 10:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Darkwing

Default Whats it take to get a ride on a jump seat

"Tman" wrote in message
Of a commercial airline flight. Is it just out of the question?
I have a comm'l ticket and am an avid aviator so we I might have something
to bond with the crew on the ground, and can understand the need to stay
out of their hair in the air.
That said, I'm not a beautiful lady, so I don't have that going for me.
I imagine that no degree of schmoozing and trying can get me into a jump
seat, unless I happen to know one of the crew. Anyone disagree?

Was on a little puddle jumper when I was around 10 or so and to all places
"SPACE CAMP"! It was a regular flight but they allowed me and a friend that
went with me into the cockpit and watch for a little while, (now that I
think about it, kind of like in Airplane! but I don't remember the Captain
asking me about gladiator movies).