Old June 19th 04, 01:42 PM
Romeo Delta

Ed:

My comment has nothing to do with the "checking of facts" as I know
New Castle is a private airport. The point is that what initiates
there could very well have consequences elsewhere--and you know that.

Please be advised that my soaring club is currently fighting a battle
with a dictatorial airport authority at a private airport whose
strategy is to create arbitrary, grating rules in an attempt to get us
off the premises, so forgive me if I am sensative to any such mandates
as you have been involved with the creation thereof. It's bad enough
when such rules come from unsympathetic sources. It's harder to take
when we do it to ourselves.

As far as the reference protocol, it is my "opinion" that the SSA
should be afforded the authority to standardize what equipment is
required to fly in a soaring contest else who knows what specific
requirements some local airport owner and his friends may come up
(with the best of intentions) that all of a sudden becomes a barrier
to universal involvement.

Best,

Ray