Old October 21st 06, 10:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mxsmanic

Default Common instruments on small aircraft

Steven Barnes writes:

So is the "speed up the world 32 times" option.

Agreed. It's one of the advantages of simulation. Although it does
seem a bit like cheating.

In practice, I usually just go on flights that are of an acceptable
duration in real time, and then fly them in real time. It's true that
small aircraft take a long time to get anywhere compared to large
jets--but then again they often seem to be much faster than cars (even
though their actual speed over the ground isn't that much greater).

For example, driving from Phoenix to the Grand Canyon takes hours, but
I can be there in about 45 minutes in a Baron.