Old May 1st 15, 02:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andrzej Kobus

Default Covers what to buy?

On Thursday, April 30, 2015 at 5:44:44 PM UTC-4, Sean Fidler wrote:
Tom,

I would say that putting the covers on takes same amount of time as efficient "deriggers" but in the morning I am find that I am ready to tow out in just a few minutes which is great (especially in dry climates). Getting the dew off is a potential issue requiring a squeegee and some patience to let the remaining moisture evaporate before fully taking the covers off (20 minutes). Covers also make it easy to put water in the glider during this evaporation wait. So in general I agree that covers are not a big "time" saver but they do allow me to avoid the process (some find this stressful) of rigging and deriggingnand and taping which is really nice on pleasant lazy evenings. And my experience in the mornings has been the best part of owning covers. Zero stress!

I would only add that you can water up before water pressure goes down... .