Old November 30th 03, 10:25 PM
Jill Kamienski

Hi Sydney.
I check in here maybe once every 2-3 months these days, but that's
about it.

I graduated from the initial ATC training last December. From January
through March I worked as a "remote pilot" at Denver Center through a
contractor, which basically means I worked the simulators training
developmental ATCers acting as a "pilot".
In March I was officially picked up by the FAA at Denver Center.
I've been on the floor since April, basically just ripping flight
progress strips.
Initially I had a date to start non-radar and radar associate training
around August 2004 or so, but now I'm hearing rumors they might get me
in between January and March 2004, so I'm hoping that works out.
Ripping strips isn't the most exciting job in the world

I do get time to plug in and monitor other controllers, and I enjoy
that. And don't tell anyone but a few controllers have let me
actually talk to airplanes already when things are slow.

The people in my area are great, although it's a whole different
atmosphere from the computer science I came from.
I don't regret having done it for a second.

The only bad thing is that flying has taken a back-seat these days.
I've been up with friends two or three times, but haven't logged any
time since the first week of February.
Hopefully I'll be able to pick it up again soon, but I just bought a
house, so we'll see....
Maybe after my next raise

Thanks for your interest, and remembering me

I'll try to keep you updated every so often on what's going on around
here in the ATC training world.

Later,
Jill

(Snowbird) wrote in message . com...
has anyone heard from Jill Kamienski? A year ago she was
in ATC school and made several interesting posts about her
progress and training there.

any idea where she wound up?

Sydney