Old February 19th 04, 06:37 PM
Klein

On 19 Feb 2004 00:57:32 GMT, Stewart Kissel
wrote:

SNIP
This is a flight by Malgosia Marganska , the daughter
of the constructor, showing some very nice aerobatics
SNIP

Jiminy, I am not sure what ship it is, but what the
hell do you call a tail-slide, into two reverse tumbles,
into some sort of inverted spin, in a glider? All
female Polish pilots look like her?

Beauty is as beauty does. I am VERY happy with my Swift. It is fully
capable of the entire gamut of unlimited glider aerobatics.

BTW, there was no tumble in that movie. I don't know anyone who knows
how to make a glider tumble. Tumbles are in the class of gyroscopic
maneuvers which gliders have a real hard time doing since they have no
gyroscope (engine/prop).

What looked sort of like an inverted spin after one of the tailslides
was actually a negative snap roll of 1 1/2 turns. If you look hard
you can see the nose push away from the downline as the snap roll
begins.

The only time I think my Swift is a little ugly is when my crew has
deserted me when I need to assemble or disassemble the wings. They
are VERY heavy.

Klein Gilhousen