Old December 25th 04, 11:05 PM
Burt Compton

Default Update your info on SSA website

USA / SSA Commercial Soaring Operators and SSA Chapter Clubs:

Now is the time to check your listing on "Where To Fly" (it's hiding behind
"The Sport" button) at www.ssa.org and make updates and corrections,
especially to your contact information. Look at your listing then email your
updates to

To facilitate training to glider certificates, please update your data
concerning "FAA Examiner Available". Keep in mind your CFIG's may arrange for
a Designated Pilot Examiner from a distant FSDO (the DPE will need to submit a
little paperwork between the two FSDO's) to accomplish Practical Tests
(checkrides) at your club or Commercial Operation.

We also need more sites to offer PVT - COM - CFI - glider checkrides!
Apparently there are potential glider pilots around the country that have
expressed their frustration to SSA HQ about getting a checkride accomplished.
I'm sure they haven't looked hard enough, but then again, maybe we are not as
visible as we should be, or not aggressively offering the training through to
checkride.

So if your site doesn't have an examiner, try to find / cultivate / become a
DPE. It's good for your business - and good for soaring!

Burt Compton
Soaring Safety Foundation
Marfa