Old September 20th 12, 03:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_9_]

Default Butterfly Variometers - In Stock

On Thursday, September 20, 2012 5:10:17 AM UTC-7, K wrote:
On Wednesday, September 19, 2012 2:57:03 PM UTC-6, Richard wrote: On Wednesday, September 19, 2012 12:26:54 PM UTC-7, Paul Remde wrote: Hi, The new butterfly variometers are now in stock. You can see details he http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/butterfly.htm Best Regards, Paul Remde Cumulus Soaring, Inc. Craggy Aero has had the Butterfly Vario in stock for a month and I personally have over 20 hours of flight testing on the vario. If you want first hand impression of the vario please call. See the YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1i0IVkHUnWU Richard Craggy Aero LLC www.craggyaero.com Richard and Paul, This looks nice but does anyone have any idea when it might get approval as a logger. I waited almost a year with my PF and never happened (Sold the PF with the old ship). I am setting up a new panel this off season and if I buy this and a new PF I still wont have an approved logger. Do you guys expect the customer service to be better on this than the PF? Thanks

Is the Butterfly Vario also an IGC-certified Logger?
Yes. There is an IGC-Logger built into the Integrated Sensor Unit (ISU) of the system. The IGC-Logger is in certification right now (01/2012) and will be certified after the highest possible level.

I will check with Butterfly to get an update.

You may also want to look a the Butterfly Avionics site

http://www.butterfly-avionics.com/index.php/en/

Richard
www.craggyaero.com