Old December 11th 05, 04:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default GPS Antenna

Trivial for you and trivial for me.... as long as we both know the receiver
designs to let us know where the direct and AC ports of the hybrid should be
located. But without further knowledge of the receivers it takes a little
more testing to get the information. I doubt the original poster had that
information.

John Severyn
"RST Engineering" wrote in message
.. .
It is trivial. You let the one side of the hybrid direct couple the
signal and let the other side of the hybrid capacitively couple the
signal. THe downside is that the DC receiver has to be on and working to
let the AC receiver work. A bit more work with diodes and chokes can be
done as a work-around to let either of the receivers power the active
antenna.

Jim

"J. Severyn" wrote in message

This is not quite as simple as just hybrid or resistive RF power divider
because of the 5V for the LNA inside of many GPS antennae. More info is
needed on the receivers and the antenna.