Old November 29th 06, 01:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Danny Dot

Default Get a ferry permit, or just fly it?

"Newps" wrote in message

Danny Dot wrote:

Ferry permits are for planes that are not currently certified, e.g. not
been inspected with a year. At least this is my understanding.

Not correct, it has nothing to do with the annual. A plane that is out of
annual can get a ferry permit but being out of annual is not a
prerequisite.

Thanks for the information. I gather if the plane is in annual, but
"damaged" the rules state the pilot in command makes a decision if the plane
is air worthy????

Danny Dot
www.mobbinggonemad.org