Old April 19th 07, 01:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default DG-300/303 owners...

On Apr 18, 4:40 am, Andreas Maurer wrote:
Hi Bob,

On 17 Apr 2007 16:58:55 -0700, wrote:

Andreas, do you own a DG-300? If not maybe you'd like to buy mine.

Thank you for your kind offer, but I (respectively my club) already
own 2 DG-300...

... and the pilots who fly them regard stories about 18.000 ft cloud
base and difficulties of staying below Vne as science fiction.

ELAN seems to be the responsible party here. Are they still the same
company? My understanding is they only split off the aviation
division to form AMS but the original ELAN company is still the same.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I have no idea about the situation of ELAN - but I'm pretty sure that
their product liability has expired.
Bye
Andreas

Andreas,

I was only trying to make light of a difficult situation. The DG-300
is still a nice glider. It's just not as nice as it was 10 days
ago.

... and the pilots who fly them regard stories about 18.000 ft cloud
base and difficulties of staying below Vne as science fiction.

The airport we fly out of here is at 6,200 feet, about 1.900 meter.
On a good summer day the cloud base can be at 20,000 feet, 6.100
meter. That is only sometimes but 16,000 isn't unusual. It's the
high desert and sometimes you can go pretty fast. The science fiction
is more down by Roswell.

Bob