Old December 21st 05, 07:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,sci.electronics.design,alt.solar.photovoltaic

Default Wind/Solar Electrics ???

wrote:
Steve Spence wrote:

philkryder wrote:

Steve - How many equal "steps" are necessary for the MSW inverter to be
a sufficiently close approximation to a "rotary" sine wave?

That depends on what you are driving. A laser printer requires closer
representation than a computer. The manufacturer of a particular load
could tell you that information. The old test of whether something was
sine or some version of square was a lamp dimmer. On a square wave unit
the light goes full bright. We have a touch lamp that will not change
state on MSW, but will on generator.

A lot of ac loads are quite happy on dc. Almost anything that rectifies
the mains waveform will run fine on dc of V_mains x 1.414.

NT

My fridge and well pump are not among these devices.

--
Steve Spence
Dir., Green Trust,