Old April 29th 08, 03:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

Default returning to flying after 29 years

"John Smith" wrote

As far as getting used to communications, try listening to liveatc.net.
You can select ground and clearance facilities, tower facilities,
approach/departure facilities, enroute facilities.

Listening to a tower/ground/clearance delivery near you will acquaint
you with reporting points and how traffic is routed into and out of the
airport.

Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association has a webpage on getting back
into flying after a layoff,

Also, get a good pair of electronic noise reduction headsets. They should
really help your middle aged ears, too. That is what I have found, anyway.

I hear the in the ear headsets are really good, too.
--
Jim in NC