Old October 28th 07, 04:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Wayne Paul

Default sailplane, cheap and easy

"Sleepy" u38628@uwe wrote in message news:7a592e3ce1702@uwe...
What would be the need for a medium performance sailplane that can be
built
for under $1500 and in less than 200 hours? No carbon fiber, no
fiberglass.
Not a hang glider nor foot launched. Please don't laugh. This is
entirely
practical in my shop. What I'm asking is, is there a need and a market
for
this. I do not plan to manufacture this plane but I would sell plans.
Thanks

What do you consider "medium performance?" 30 to 1 at 50 mph? What
materials are you going to use in the sailplane's construction? I have a
lot more question. I would have emailed you directly if you had provided an
email address. Do you have a name?

You must be trawling.

Wayne
HP-14 "6F"