Old June 11th 08, 01:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,sci.military.naval
Tiger

Default GIVEN CURRENT WARS, F-35s ARE BETTER CHOICE THAN MORE F-22As

William Black wrote:
"Mike" wrote in message
Inside the Air Force
Next-gen bomber must be adequately funded
YOUNG: GIVEN CURRENT WARS, F-35s ARE BETTER CHOICE THAN MORE F-22As

---------------------------------

Given current wars they'd be better off buying a load of Douglas A-1
Skyraiders and a few WWII twin engined bombers.

What they need is something very reliable that lugs a largish bombload
around and can absorb ground fire while dropping it in smallish

quantities
with great precision.

What they don't need right now is large complex jet fighter/bombers

that are
designed to fight a major European war.

In other words."Why pay 2008 Corvette money to do a job your old 1988
F150 could do?" I'm sure there plenty of stuff in the boneyard that fits
the bill. A-10's, A6's, A-4's, Phantoms, A-7's. Old stuff, but to drop
bombs in zones with no Mig threats they work. I think the A-1 may be
pushing the concept a bit, but I hear you.....