Old May 7th 06, 09:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default fuel flow on the cheap

"George A. Graham" wrote in message
On Fri, 5 May 2006, pittss1c wrote:
Does anyone here have any experience with marine fuel flow instruments
on aircraft?

I have flown with the Navman unit for a few years now. I think that
I paid about $150 for it. I found it on Ebay at BoatersWorld.

There is a little impeller which spins as the fuel flows through it,
the instructions tell you to install a fuel filter before the
transducer, which I did. It works fine.

If the was enough crap in the fuel to block the transducer, it would
also foul the carb. No bypass needed.

You don't necessarily need crap to block the transducer, the design of the
impeller paddles in some units will block flow if the impeller seizes.